WELCOME TO MINDFUL PHYSIO
Mindful Physio is physiotherapy for people who have not been able to relieve their pain by traditional physiotherapy, or other similar means. The typical physiotherapy client has tried multiple treatments like chiropractic, massage, acupuncture and medications with little to no positive effect. Mindful Physio clients are looking for something new or different that will work for them. Mindful Physio clients know that how they feel is connected to what they think and they are open to exploring this interconnectedness.
Although Mindful Physio clients require physiotherapy for common muscle and joint ailments they need a holistic approach because they have tried many treatments that have not worked well for them. Physiotherapy treats ailments like:
- Chronic pain
- Arthritis or Joint Pain
- ack Pain
- Neck Pain
- Shoulder Injury
- Pain Management
- Rotator Cuff
- Patellofemoral knee pain
- Postural Pain
- Strains & Sprains
- Tennis elbow
- Muscle spasms
Mindful Physio treats these same musculoskeletal disorders but our physiotherapy treatments are aimed at communicating with your body specifically.
All Physiotherapy sessions at Mindful Physio are provided by a Registered Physiotherapist. The Physiotherapist works with you directly for the entire duration of the physiotherapy treatment. The Physiotherapist will use the following physiotherapy treatments to relieve your pain.
- Manual Therapy (hands on)
- Mobilization of specific joints, muscles, ligaments, connective tissue or neural tissue to increase range of movement and/or decrease pain.
- Cranio-sacral mobilization
- Myofascial release
- Exercise Therapy
- Postural re-education
- Core stabilization
- Muscle imbalance and alignment
- Yoga and Pilates based stretch and strengthening programs
- Electronic Acupuncture
- This is the use of a hand held machine that uses Electronic Trigger Point Stimulation to stimulate the same therapeutic points used in acupuncture. There is no insertion of needles with this electronic tool while producing the same relief of many muscle, nerve and joint problems.
- Tennant Biomodulator
- This is a modality used to reduce pain and promote healing. It uses a micro current to stimulate the body and relieve pain. A gentle current is applied by the Physiotherapist in a massage like manner assisting the body with energy.
- Explanation of the injury or condition
- Understanding of the effect of poor posture on your joints and muscles
- The effects of stress on the body
- The role of mindfulness in healing the body
Your Mindful Physio experience may differ from other physiotherapy experiences in some ways:
- You will always be treated by our Registered Physiotherapist
- Your entire treatment will be one on one with the Physiotherapist
- You will never be left on a machine or hot pack while at our clinic
- Your treatment will not be focused on exercises
- When exercises are needed they will not require any machines
- Exercise training is focused on body technique and body awareness
- You will not leave feeling sore
Mindful Physio is a private physiotherapy clinic. We do not treat MVA or WSIB claims. Treatments can be paid by Credit or Debit and an invoice can be submitted to your Employee Health Benefits if applicable.